Do any of you think about brewing more than you should?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm michur's SWMBO and yes, I told him to get a hobby so that he'd stop nagging me about the entire room I have for scrapbooking...and now he's taking over the basement! If he buys a march pump I'm definitely getting a Cricut!

I'm michur's SWMBO and yes, I told him to get a hobby so that he'd stop nagging me about the entire room I have for scrapbooking...and now he's taking over the basement! If he buys a march pump I'm definitely getting a Cricut!

He would probably be much happier if you'd let him sacrifice and get a 15-gallon conical :D

I'm so bad I'm at work posting this on my crackberry. I'm so addicted I will wander around the grocery store looking at food and kitchen utensils trying to decide if and how I can use them to brew. I'm so addicted SWMBO sighs and gets a glassy look in her eyes when I talk about it. I'm so addicted I actually made guys at work listen to the sunday session from the brewing network with me. Yeah I'm hooked!

My wife got mad at me for walking in the door after a 2 week business trip, walking right past her and straight into the spare bedroom to check on the batch I brewed the day before I left.

My wife got mad at me for walking in the door after a 2 week business trip, walking right past her and straight into the spare bedroom to check on the batch I brewed the day before I left.

that's hooked. i might as well start packing if i did that, but i have brewed the last 2 weekends, and will brew again this weekend

AZ_IPA said:
Might be the most epic first post in the history of HBT! :D :mug:

Yes sir.

Agreed.

+1

I'm in my own f'ing world with my obsession. I have a friend that likes to brew and i only see him like every couple of months. It's pathetic because I want to talk to everyone about my beer and i never get any real reciprocity.

I have to rely on my HBT cyber buddies

Last night I had such restless sleep because I'm contemplating getting the Blichmann top tier system and right before I went to bed I realized that its 30 or below in Ohio in the winters and I'd have to figure out a way to keep my MLT at mashing temps without bringing it inside and defeating the purpose of getting the system to not lift anything anymore. Then the first thing I did this morning was post about it. I also smell airlocks and watch bubbles. And we're not brewaholics because we don't go to meetings! :rockin:

i am with several posters on this thread. I like brewing probably more than drinking. After entering a compitition i have gotten pretty anal about my beers - correct ingrediants ot mathc the styl - blah blah blah. And then, i enjoy building stuff more than brewing. I cant tell you how much time i've spent researching RIMS tubes, PIDS, and homemade control panels. This site is really addiction too! Ignore my BYO magazines as well as my AHA, beer advicate, and zymugy.

The DIY thread will bankrupt me. LOL

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.......lol. I don't sleep that well and my wife gives me a bunch of crap because half the time I'm up in the middle of the night thinking about brewing. Hey, it's the only piece and quiet I get with twin 18 month old boys. lol

I've got twins on the way due July 2nd - but will likely be early with 2 of them. I am already looking at "assistant brewers" one-sies.

I get grief from my SWMBO for not coming to bed because im staying up "playing with my beer stuff." Gotta give her some props though, I work out of time about half the month, and shes a good sport about what she calls "checking on my closet children" while im out of town, her usual response when I ask her to do me a favor over the phone is "okay so what I am looking for/checking on this time...." Im with the majority as well certainly enjoy brewing than drinking, and the most fun part about drinking is critiquing how this beer came out differently than a previous batch, and what can be done to tweak it my own personal tastes or how to make it more true to style. I also constantly find myself tweaking recipes in BS or BTP, and sometimes messing with a recipe or style I have no intention to brew just letting the creative juices flow. I guess my biggest waste of time is HBT, I can literally spend all day on here and lose all track of time, I really need to limit myself......great hobby for sure.

I also constantly find myself tweaking recipes in BS or BTP, and sometimes messing with a recipe or style I have no intention to brew just letting the creative juices flow. .

I agree, its like video game brewing... especially with the little picture that BTP pops out... almost like youre sitting at the table looking at a pint of finished beer ;).

I guess my biggest waste of time is HBT, I can literally spend all day on here and lose all track of time, I really need to limit myself......great hobby for sure.

um, yes, guilty... specially since I can check it at work.

Back