Buying my first brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burtonair01

Reaction score
I found a brew kettle that seems good to me, I would like all you're thoughts on it! I found it on Homebrewstuff.com it's a 32 QT. SS kettle w/bazooka screen, therm. and ball valve. SKU# is BK-32EB for 119.99 Thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:rockin:

I found a brew kettle that seems good to me, I would like all you're thoughts on it! I found it on Homebrewstuff.com it's a 32 QT. SS kettle w/bazooka screen, therm. and ball valve. SKU# is BK-32EB for 119.99 Thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:rockin:

Its not a bad pot and it comes with a bunch of items that will make the brew process easier. The price is pretty good for a first time pot too. The only downside of the pot is that its only 8 gallons; which isn't a huge downside just means that when doing full boils for 5 gallons your boiling wort will be closer to the top.

All in all it looks like a good buy IMO.

David

if I had to do it again, and considering I only have a 5 gallon pot anyway I just might do it eventually, I would absolutely buy this bad ass kettle

http://brewhemoth.com/penrose-kettle

16 gallon kettle with valve for 140... unreal, and their stuff is supposed to be quality.

Please report your thoughts! I'm probably gonna buy the same kettle - perhaps even two - one for MLT and one for HLT/BK.

Cheers!

Jeremy

I picked up that exact kettle.

Haven't used it, yet, but it's well-built, and looks like it's going to really do the trick! I'll eventually pick up a second one to serve as my HLT.

Full boils, here I come!

with only 8 gallons I'd be worried a little bit about boil overs during hop additions.

I think it'll be fine as long as you're focusing on your boil. Should be a little dodgy, at times.

It's supposed to be a rolling boil, not all-out armageddon.

I have a 5 gallon pot and have few problems with boiling 4 gallons. Just watch the pot, stir and blow when it starts to boil up. Heck, I nearly boiled over a 4 gallon pot when I was only boiling 1 gallon of liquid. Just watch your pot.

I have a 5 gallon pot and have few problems with boiling 4 gallons. Just watch the pot, stir and blow when it starts to boil up. Heck, I nearly boiled over a 4 gallon pot when I was only boiling 1 gallon of liquid. Just watch your pot.

I have a 10 gallon pot that I've cooked up 3 gallons in...even that will boil over! Yep, "WATCH YOUR POT".

In fact, just last week I narrowly had a boilover of 7 gallons in my keggle (15G)!

:eek:

Back