Hop pellets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaybrewingco

Reaction score
Just thinking back on my IPA I made on Sunday, I realized I never put the hop pellets for dry hopping in the refridgerator. They are still sealed. If I put them in the refridgerator today are they still OK to be used? or should I buy some fresh ones for when the time comes.. They have been room temperature for 4 days...

I'm not sure if it nitrogen-flushed, but I know they are in a vacuum sealed bag from my LHBS. Still good to toss them in the fridge after 4 days?

Yup - they're fine. If they're vac-sealed, you have no reason to worry. Oxygen does far more damage to hops than four days at room temp.

Just thinking back on my IPA I made on Sunday, I realized I never put the hop pellets for dry hopping in the refridgerator. They are still sealed. If I put them in the refridgerator today are they still OK to be used? or should I buy some fresh ones for when the time comes.. They have been room temperature for 4 days...

They are definitely completely worthless pieces of junk. They will completely ruin your beer. You better send them to me for testing in my upcoming IPA. :D

Seriously, they're fine. Probably a good idea to put them in the fridge/freezer but after only a couple days, I'm sure there be no difference at all.

they are fine just think of it this way if being at room temp a few days ruined hops there would be no way to order them online. if the seal is still intact nothing to worry about

Latest posts

Back