I give you Brew2-D2...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarvInSTL

Reaction score
I picked it up from the welder last weekend and hope to be making some progress and have it finished by the end of the month.

5" casters have already been installed and all I'm waiting on is the STC valves, which should be here tomorrow.

I'll post some more pictures once they arrive and are installed.

BrewStand001.jpg

BrewStand002.jpg

BrewStand003.jpg

Too cool man. Would you mind posting what the welder harged for the work? What kind of prep work did you do?

Ryan_PA said:
Too cool man. Would you mind posting what the welder harged for the work? What kind of prep work did you do?

$125 including his materials.

Only prep work I had to do was make sure the steel was cut. Which the metal supply place I purchased it from did for me.

Total cost for the steel, cuts & welding was right about $255.

Looks good, man. What's the extension off the corner for? Making sure you have something to walk into when you're not paying enough attention? :)

Dude, what is the bike?

The extension.. looks like a thigh busting, head knocking, scalp peeling, ambulance call.

I just saw pics of that on craigslist, the guy doing the welding is looking for some side jobs. Looks pretty sweet.

Not sure what the side thingy is but the bike appears to be a Harley Sporster.

Did you hit the keg with a high grain sandpaper and a circular sander? It looks nice and shiny, with those little circular patterns.

EGGCELLENT! Please make sure to keep the pics coming! I can't wait to see this thing finished!

*Steals pic for webpage...

e lo said:
Looks good, man. What's the extension off the corner for? Making sure you have something to walk into when you're not paying enough attention? :)

The control panel will mount to that. Which is the only item I have left to source.

And yes I'm sure I'll whack my thigh on it a few times before long.

stever said:
I just saw pics of that on craigslist, the guy doing the welding is looking for some side jobs. Looks pretty sweet.

Yeah he is a nice guy, does good work and charges a very fair price. Hopefully next month he will be welding up Mill3-PO for me and I'll have a sturdy automated mill to match the Brew2-D2.

blacklab said:
Did you hit the keg with a high grain sandpaper and a circular sander? It looks nice and shiny, with those little circular patterns.

Not yet, but the final plan is to have them all shiny like Bobby_M's!

Lonnie Mac said:
EGGCELLENT! Please make sure to keep the pics coming! I can't wait to see this thing finished!

*Steals pic for webpage...

Don't worry Lonnie, you will get a CD of some high quality shots once I'm done along with a sixer from the first brew on it.

Only changes I made was the STC valves, my return system and the notched 45deg control panel mount. But thank you so much for the info you sent me via email and you truly have inspired a movement!

Can't wait til Brutus 20 comes out and I will build a new one!

jrm16311 said:
Where did you get those casters? What size square tubing did you use?

I was going to use the ones that Lonnie used, but after adding the wheel brake and the threaded stem they were almost $13 each. So instead of 4" casters I went with these 5" Total lock casters.

$5.74 each!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110159346227

I used 2x2x.120 mild tube steel. Ran me $2.50/ft which was a lot cheaper than the $13.50/ft I was quoted for Stainless Steel.

very nice, did you do it yourself? How much for supplies and estimated labor?

Back