No beer from Pressurised King Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinrhaart

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I hope someone out there can help.
I brewed a beer in a fermenter until gravity was stable at 1006. (7days) A brew belt was attached to a King Keg top tap and the beer was transfered to it. I took the brew belt off after two days and left the beer in a cool place. When I tried to sample the beer a few days later nothing came from the tap so a gave it a blast of co2 but still nothing so I gave it a further 2 1sec blasts but still no beer from the tap.
What am I doing/or what's wrong?
Kevin

You'll need to pressurise the keg to both carbonate the beer and to provide sufficient pressure to push the beer out once you open the tap.

Right now you have flat beer in a cold keg that's probably at atmospheric pressure.

The CO2 source has to be attached constantly for a week or two to carbonate properly.

If you haven't got a pressure release valve i wouldn't leave the co2 left open,it could be dangerous!on this kit.I use the same barrels and had pressure problems to start with. first take the 4"cap of check your float , tubing and tap for blockage(i hope you didn't dry hop in the barrel without puting the hops in a muslin bag first)next get the vasaline out and put a coating on your seal and threads and screw it back on tight'ish.now give it a few one second bursts with the co2 and draw off a little beer check its all ok.
Hope that helps kevin.
ps.if you have trouble geting the cap off when your beers finnish'd there's a cap spanner you can buy.

Back