Hello from Central Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neueview

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Joshua and I am a resident of the beautiful San Marcos, Texas. I am brand new to homebrewing in general, but have fully enjoyed local micro brews for a while now. I am slowly getting the proper equipment to start brewing my own, but in the meanwhile I am working on getting a kegerator up and running so I can enjoy some commercial beer now. I've already gotten so much help from your forum, I look forward to meeting people and getting some advice as I grow in my new hobby. Thanks!

Joshua

Welcome. I am new as well from Austin. First beer - Red Ale is less than ten days away from the 3 week carbonation process and I can't wait to drink. Second batch - IPA is in fermenting as we speak.

-Eric

Hello... I'm Skelegirl (aka Donna) also living in Central Texas; San Antonio but I am working on a doctorate at TSU. So if you see an electric blue mini cooper with a Jack Skellington magnet on the back-just wave. I bottled my first batch, Canadian Blond this past weekend and am planning on working on a cerveza style next

Welcome from Buda, TX. Uh............, most don't know Buda but have at least seen our Cabela's MegaStore. What type of equipment are you in need of? Watch the Austin Craigslist as I've seen some pretty good items on there. My brewing partner has scooped me and gotten to them first but there are some good bargains to be had in and around Austin's Craigslist. I reckon San Antone has some good bargains too.

most don't know Buda but have at least seen our Cabela's MegaStore

Yeah, I know Buda. Dorsett 221 was a landmark long before Cabelas was thunk up in some dweebs brain. Ask any trucker. Too bad the changes in exits made the 221 no longer viable. It was already a challange for trucks to get to and when they changed the lanes as a bow to Cabelas, it made access for trucks a nightmare. The diesel lanes needed an upgrade but the store was modern on the inside and it had a great restuarant. If Dorsett 221 was in Austin the libs there would have it restored as a historic landmark.

Latest posts

Back