New Gauges Look Damaged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I just got a CO2 dual regulator. On both the output gauges the dial looks punched in on one side, the glass is fine. I don't know yet if needle movement will be blocked.

Is that normal? These are brand new, should the dealer replace them?

I believe what you are describing is the most common type of regulator gauge damage and can happen very easily (speaking from experience). It is possible that if it was not packed well it could have been damaged during shipping, yes you should ask for them to replace.

I had the same thing happen to me. Guys at kegconnection sent me a new one right away, they said it's actually very common, even if it's packaged perfectly.

I had the same thing happen to me. Guys at kegconnection sent me a new one right away, they said it's actually very common, even if it's packaged perfectly.

I was holding off on naming the vendor until I saw how they handled it. I bought the set from Midwest, and David handled the issue perfectly!

Kudos to them.

:mug:

The metal piece with the numbers bend on my output gauge on my regulator. The metal basically warped in half stopping the needle from moving past 25 psi. So I dropped the pressure to 0 psi, popped the cover off, put a dab of hot gun on to hold the metal from moving. Done.

Back