What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 lbs of Munton's Mild Malt. One of the few things I can't get at my LHBS (they used to at least stock Briess's Mild Malt, but don't even carry that any more, not surprising as Mild Malt isn't exactly a high selling common use malt).

10 lbs of Munton's Mild Malt. One of the few things I can't get at my LHBS (they used to at least stock Briess's Mild Malt, but don't even carry that any more, not surprising as Mild Malt isn't exactly a high selling common use malt).
Mine stocks one 10# bag all the time now...for me. I try to get a split whenever Chicago does a group buy but I forget. I use 30-50% in (shocker) my dark mild.

Mine stocks one 10# bag all the time now...for me. I try to get a split whenever Chicago does a group buy but I forget. I use 30-50% in (shocker) my dark mild.

In my various Milds I normally just use MO, a little crystal, and then maybe some dark invert and/or roasted malts. I've just started working the Mild Malt in.

We got a Blichmann burner a couple of weeks ago, brewed up a pale ale. Yesterday was this, along with three used kegs. First things in the kegs will be a lager, some cider, and the aforementioned pale ale. Yay! Looking forward to not bottling everything we brew!!

Keg stuff.jpg

OH, yeah! Cannot wait to fire this baby up on my next brew day!

You will love it!! I received one as a gift from my in-laws and it is so much better than the old turkey fryer one I had.

Earlier this week I received a manifold or distributor for my CO2 tank. It will make it easier to use my last straw to bottle from the keg.

The ITC1000 temp controller I won just came in! I also got the replacement micro SD card adaptor in today too. I tested it by uploading a pic of my prize...

A little haul of dodads and accessories from Williams Brewing...been waiting for awhile to decide what to get after getting a gift certificate 2 Christmases ago from my mother in law... She wasn't your prototypical MIL, I was damn lucky to have married her daughter! Mimi has since passed from lung cancer...next brew in her memory!

View attachment 1459207077844.jpg

Got the first bit of parts for my new eBIAB build! Inspired by this thread..Came in a day early too! Will be receiving more parts tomorrow from Amazon..Kind of excited..this should be fun-I hope!..:)

junction bus.jpg

Another delivery of parts for my new recirculating eBIAB setup..Don't really know why Amazon sent it in 2 boxes, as there was PLENTY of room for it all in one box..Unless some came from a different fulfillment warehouse..Anyway, here it all is..And then my cat decided she needed to check things out too..LOL

amazon parts.jpg

amazon parts and cat.jpg

Nothing, since the collection ball. However, I will be getting a major non-brewing item: a new set of boxing gloves - training gloves, to be specific. My parents bought me a bag for Christmas, and the gloves they got were too small, and they're already falling apart. Bad QC.

It didn't come in the mail but I did get it yesterday and hooked it up. A 20lb CO2 tank to replace my small 5lb tank (which will now be a spare). I also installed the manifold finally!

CO2_Tank.jpg

My field grade hop plants from Great Lakes Hops! Woot Woot! They don't look like much all packed in rice hulls like that, but I've been anticipating this day for months. Having said that, once I ordered them, they got shipped out to me super quick. Less than a week, I think.

I am hoping to get them in the ground on Sunday.

12417873_10209366180898243_8936001336403871942_n.jpg

One more bit-pun intended- for my e-brew setup! My step drill bit! :) 1/8" - 1 3/8"..Package from Aubers should be here Monday, and 'guts' of the control panel from Electric Brewing Supply should be here on the 7th! Guess I need to go get some wire and then will have my face buried in the panel doing some wiring next weekend! :)

step drill bit.jpg

Hop pellets and hop rhizomes from Farm House Brew Supply. The rhizomes all had some growth on them. It's freezing today, so I'm going to keep them cool until it is safe to plant them.

Got more parts for my e-brew setup! Got 2 packages yesterday from Brew Hardware and Auberins..Switches and more electric stuff coming on Thursday from ebrewsupply.com.. Oh, and how do you like our beer delivery vehicle?..;)

more parts.jpg

Not arriving for a couple days but I am finally moving into the 21st century for my mill. Any old dogs remember this?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=283495

Well I am still using it...hand crank...23 years and maybe thousands of gallons later...hand crank the whole time. A mildly damage rotator cuff is starting to make cranking with my left impossible and my right has started rebelling at doing all the work.

I have a Cereal Killer on the way for early next week. My old Hilti 15C combo hammer drill turns at 300 rpm's and will outlast me so now I will have a motorized mill.

Not today...Came in on Thursday, but, these work days lasting until 2AM make things tough!..LOL..Anyway, my parts from Electric Brewing Supply came in..Here are all the goodies..And then a picture of my Goku telling me to 'Get Busy with this already!'..LOL

electrical.jpg

get busy! Goku.jpg

Back