Mississippi Roll Call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's everyone got going? I'm in the middle of building my 10 gallon single tear electric system. I've got a saison to bottle and looking to do a lot more stuff this year. Last year I only got to brew about 6 times. Most of those being sours so they will still be taking a while.

I have 10g of Pale Ale that I will be kegging and dry hopping this weekend, then hopefully brewing again next weekend. while at the same time trying to finish up my 4 tap keezer.

Fermenting: American Stout, Hefeweizen, Gose, 1 gallon of the Gose wort that I pitched Supplication dregs into
Bottled: Imperial Stout, Berliner Weiss
On Tap: Porter, Cherry Saison, Vanilla Brown Ale

Cellar: (3) 2011, (5) 2012, (7) 2013 Imperial Stouts, Imperial Porter, Barrel Aged Tripel, Belgian Barleywine, Figgy Oud Bruin.

On deck: Saison, Lemon Drop Pale Ale, Whatever sessionable beer I want to brew for summer

I'm hoping to get an experimental saison bottled this weekend and work some more on my system. The St. Paddy's day parade will cut into some time but I have a lot lined up to do!

I have 10g of Pale Ale that I will be kegging and dry hopping this weekend, then hopefully brewing again next weekend. while at the same time trying to finish up my 4 tap keezer.

I've got a 3 tap that I need to finish. Hopefully I'll brew more things that would do better in a keg than bottle then. I just don't like kegging my saison or brett beers. And I always bottle my sours. I need to get some hoppy beers going.

All I ever seem to brew is hoppy beers, bought 14 lbs of hops last year and have almost used all of them. Just found a pound that I didn't use a couple weeks ago.

About to build a bigger ferm chamber so I can get into some lagers and longer aging beers, maybe some barley wines and such.

Hey I will be visiting Jackson area the end of October to the middle of November. Is there any local events or clubs in the area? Any events or places to buy supplies?

Hey I will be visiting Jackson area the end of October to the middle of November. Is there any local events or clubs in the area? Any events or places to buy supplies?

Definitely all the above. Mac at Brewhaha can hook you up. Not positive on events though. I'm out of that loop. Trying to finish my brewery first.

BrewHaHa Supply in Jackson. Mac will take care of you.

The local Jackson club will probably meet *Oct* 21. Will confirm that.

Nov 3, Outlaw Homebrew Comp down in Hattiesburg. Worth the ride down from Jackson.

Sounds good. I have been the Jackson many times in the past, but never found anything. Love the power of this site.

Thanks guys

Hey y'all,

I haven't done a brew in about four years, but I've gotten that itch again. I'm planning to start brewing again soon. Sadly, I see that Mac at BrewHaHa has closed his store. I've done a web search and I see that there are a few LHBSs in Mississippi, but all are quite a drive from me. I'm in Florence, MS. I'm hoping if there are still any Mississippi home brewers here at HBT that y'all will chime in here and give me a first hand review of the LHBS nearest me so I can decide which direction to go. I'm looking for a good place to buy grain and yeast. I have all the equipment that I need.

Thanks,
Major

Welcome aboard! Yeastie Beastie down in Gulfport will ship to you! They have a website with inventory and i have ordered several times from him before. I live in Brandon.

Back