What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drinking a Sublimely Self-Righteous Clone in which I totally effed the water up, but tasty nonetheless, 9%ABV!:drunk:

...and an all fuggle RyePA, that I wish was hoppier, but I brewed it for the SWMBO, and she is not a hopinista...regardless good, 6% ABV.

Gettin ****-faced, gotta work tomorrow: can't handle the people. Awesome!

Having a pint of my 'Hoppy Accident'...

Was supposed to be an ESB, but turned into an English IPA... The 'accident' was using a cooler as a mash tun that was the wrong shape and such... Got poor efficiency due to not nearly enough water and having dough balls that were not broken up (first and only time that happened)... Still, very good, better than I thought it would be (by far)... Just not what I was looking to get...

Same thing I drink every night, whatever is in that precious kegerator. whether it be on tap, bottled home brew, bottled commercial beer, or harvested yeast, it's going down the gullet!

Brewed the Austin Homebrew Bell's Oberon clone kit a couple months ago. Don't really like it. There's a strange "spice note" (as my brother calls it) that I don't like. Someone suggested it's a clove flavor. In any case, it tastes nothing like Bell's Oberon which I like. I've given away a bunch and although no one has raved about it, no one has disliked it. This was my 6th homebrew (all from kits) and the first one I haven't liked.

I'm going out with a pre-surgical bang. Went to Joe's Crab Shack with my GF for dinner, and had a Sam Adam's Winter Lager, which was actually not bad.

Now I am having this really wild Austrian Bock.

urbock.jpg

Schloss Eggenberg Urbock 23° is one of the strongest beers in the world. We keep the Urbock 23° in our Schloss cellars for 9 months until it is dark gold and strongly matured. Urbock 23° has received the highest acknowledgments and honours at international exhibitions and world evaluations. It is brewed exclusively from natural raw ingredients after the purity requirement of 1516.

And then, a 2009 Bourbon County Stout
bourbon-county-stout-21454183.jpg

I'm going out with a pre-surgical bang. Went to Joe's Crab Shack with my GF for dinner, and had a Sam Adam's Winter Lager, which was actually not bad.

Now I am having this really wild Austrian Bock.

urbock.jpg

And then, a 2009 Bourbon County Stout
bourbon-county-stout-21454183.jpg

right on Revvy, enjoy bro :rockin:

Great Divide sampler and Guinness foreign extra. Got laid off from my job today so im gettin %ood n drunk tonight. Thatll help deal with the sting of over a year of unemployment

Apfelwein mixed with Cran Juice right now. This is on top of several other homemade beverages. I'm sure I'll be hurting in the AM, but oh well... bottoms up

Wow...My first sip of bourbon county stout went down the wrong hole...It burned.

It is really intense. Very tasty, but very strong.

I can almost hear the screams... "WRONG HOLE!!! WRONG HOLE!!!" oh, wait, that's someone else screaming... :ban:

Just finished one of my Irish Red Ale's... Wow, somehow I think it's over 6.1%... :drunk:

ok, getting a little juiced here - 2 hearted ale, my house IPA, a couple of torpedos and oh yeah, I got my first steelhead of the season this morning :ban:

New Belgium's Mighty Arrow. (just got back from deployment, no home brew ready). The hop aroma is kick ass and it is delicious :rockin:

Homebrewed Belgian Pale Ale brewed with WLP 550. After 2 weeks in the bottle I am plowin' through these!!! Carbonation is perfect, pouring a nice 2 finger white head over a slightly hazy brassy blonde brew. Clean, spicy, Belgian yeast funk, solid hop bitterness, delicious...can't wait for my Golden Strong brewed with the same yeast to be ready :tank:

I have a 12 pack of fliptops left of my Saint Paul Porter and I am also enjoying my Bee Cave IPA. Next up in the pipeline is my Octoberfast and then my Wee-heavy. I just brewed a version of the Black Pearl Porter today to get in line.

In front of me now, is a Stone Levitation ale, its the second time I've had this beer
...and Im honestly not impressed.
don't get me wrong this is a good beer with a malt backbone and CRAZY Hop flavor-aroma and of course bitterness...yet I'm much more satisfied with a DFH 60 or 90 min. Or sanoran Victorian, or Lagunitas Maximus, or ....Well this is just me saying that this beer is Not my favorite...yet I view it as being a good beer, It's just not my cup O Brew. thx

Made it to Spec's in Houston today and picked up some Midas Touch, Stone IPA, Ruination and Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout and Nut Brown Ale. About to start off with some of the Midas Touch.

Water, sadly. Put myself on a really strict diet about a week and half ago. Still hasn't deterred my brewing activities, though.

We'll see how progress goes through the next conditioning after brew day. I am sure the occasional one can not hurt, as long as I keep them occasional for a while. Maybe a beer meal replacement program? Hell, beer money was basically food money back in the old days during college. Having to choose one or the other, the beer normally won. :D

Sam Adams Noble Pils. Not bad at all, but switching to Sebago Brewing's boathouse Brown in a few minutes. Another week till my 1st homebrew is really ready.

Back