questions one single tier build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
hi all,

i've seen some awesome single tier builds on the board and stolen..errr seen some great ideas. I had an initial question about the frame itself. I've seen the steel varying from 1" to 2" tube. Is there a standard? Do any of you that built with the 1" have any regrets that you didn't build with something heavier?

cheers :mug:

M

this thread shows a 1" steel frame, and the builder seems to like it. the only drawback he says was that the are for the kegggles to sit can be kind of small, but he has some guides to keep the keggles from moving around and falling off. From what I've read, the 1" is plenty strong, and a lot lighter. no personal experience though.

it's all based on how well you build the frame itself. you can have 3" steel not sturdy if it's constructed/welded/fastened poorly. 1" square is plenty strong enough to deal with anything brewing beer is going to throw at it. Just support everything properly and you'll be good!

My rack on work truck is fabricated from 1" suare tube w/1/8" wall. I've put 2,100 lbs on it. 1" is plenty and your rig would be easy to move around. Not sure why everyone builds there rig so overkill. :confused:

Thanks for all the info. I'm not concerned about the quality in building of the rig. My dad is helping me. He's owns his own welding business and builds building frames...this is cake for him..lol. I like the sound of cheaper and lighter!!

thanks! :mug:

Back