Did it Ferment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hasselhoff

Reaction score
This is my third brew. My first came out excellent. Question is, I never really noticed much bubbling in the airlock this time but measured the final gravity 3 days later and got a reading of 1.01 which is about where it is supposed to be. Does this mean that it fermented?

David Hasselhoff said:
This is my third brew. My first came out excellent. Question is, I never really noticed much bubbling in the airlock this time but measured the final gravity 3 days later and got a reading of 1.01 which is about where it is supposed to be. Does this mean that it fermented?

Has the krausen fallen?

Tommy

Assuming that the OG was not also about 1.01, yes - it does mean that it has fermented.
I guess you are using a bucket to ferment in. You only need a slight leak in the seal between the rim and the lid to almost stop the airlock activity, but this won't hurt the beer at all as the CO2 will escape from the leak, and the nasties won't get in.

-a.

Back