Label for a train wreck of a brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kornbread

Reaction score
7841445.jpg

I don't know why the text is so hard to read on here. But, it looks fine on my machine and prints good too. But, I did want to share and see what you all think.

I'm still not sure about the text yet. It's a first draft.

Here's a second version that I think I like better:

6980325.png

And here's a back label:

1401927.png

Great idea and great label. I really like the one with the train track. Go with that one! I like the idea of a second label on the other side of the bottle. it's an interesting story and you tied your homebrew into it nicely. :mug:

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to go with the one with the tracks.

I really, really like your logo. Like, REALLY. I need something that simple and clean for mine!

On the back label, by the way, you mean "its" not "it's". As in, "It ran off its rails".

also, I wouldn't capitalize the Wreck, but now I'm just nitpicking.

I really, really like your logo. Like, REALLY. I need something that simple and clean for mine!

On the back label, by the way, you mean "its" not "it's". As in, "It ran off its rails".

also, I wouldn't capitalize the Wreck, but now I'm just nitpicking.

Thanks for the catch. I missed the capital "W". I wish they would come up with a "Grammar Check" that works like spell check. :eek:

I thought that I was using the apostrophe in "it's" to show possession. Like I said, I really do need that grammar check.

Great beer label story and love the tracks picture. I hope you recorded all of the substitutions and such so you can replicate the beer and use this great label more than once!

I love the front label, and the back text is great too.

One nit-picky thing is to try justifying the font - i think that's what it's called, but I'm not positive - but it's when the left and right borders of the paragraph line up, and the spacing between the words of each line is evened out.

I was totally expecting to see that classic photo of the train wreck at Montparnasse
464px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.png

Back