Northern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonToews

Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering grains from here, but I dont see an option for grains to be separated. Im looking to order 6 different grains but all aren't of equal portion. Do I need to phone them or do they naturally just send them separated?

Cheers

Jason

i've never ordered from northern brewer before, but I would be shocked if they just mixed all of your grains together. Every online retailer I have ever used will send each grain individually bagged. Austinhomebrew (I think) actually gives you theoptiuon of having them mixed together, but you have to go our of your way to place your order like that. Default is to ship each type of grain separately.

Northern Brewer totally rocks. They're my favorite online vendor because they carry a huge selection, fair prices, and prompt shipping.

The grains arrive in separate bags.

You can also certainly mark in the shipping instructions to make sure to keep them separated.

. . . I would be shocked if they just mixed all of your grains together. Every online retailer I have ever used will send each grain individually bagged. . . Default is to ship each type of grain separately.
Just a heads up on this. I had been ordering grains from Brewmasters Warehouse using the Brew Builder to get the BYO 10% discount. I order extra grains not even used in that recipe, but make a point to request seperate bags for everything. One time forgot and got one big bag. Fudged some number and made a mystery beer out of it. Turned out great, just not what was planned.

Anyway, Brew Builder may be the one exception to Walkers rule.

Northern Brewer is my favorite homebrew shop online. It's laid out perfectly, has user reviews, and the customer service is quick and nice

Just a heads up on this. I had been ordering grains from Brewmasters Warehouse using the Brew Builder to get the BYO 10% discount. I order extra grains not even used in that recipe, but make a point to request seperate bags for everything. One time forgot and got one big bag. Fudged some number and made a mystery beer out of it. Turned out great, just not what was planned.

Anyway, Brew Builder may be the one exception to Walkers rule.

Hmmmm.... I used brewbuilder one time to place an order and everything came packaged individually. Then again, I placed an order large enough to make 1 full barrel of beer, so it would have been hard for them to put that in one sack. :D

I put it in the comments to ship seperate. Should be cool. Oh and I have a us postal box. It cool, im about 15 minutes from the sumas border, i go across and go to a "package express" wich is litterally a stones throw from the sumas border. So much cheaper to ship to that. its like $8Us compared to $40 canadian to my address.

Back