Question! Brewing Irish Stout right now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABurgh

Reaction score
I just started brewing an Irish Stout extract from Midwest. The directions call for adding 1/2 oz of Nugget hops for 60 minutes, but they gave me 1 oz of Nugget. Also have 1 oz of Willamette for aroma.

This is my first kit from Midwest. Do they usually send all pellet hops in 1 oz packets, and don't do 1/2 oz, or are the directions wrong. Should I add a full 1 oz of Nugget for bittering, or is there supposed to be a 1/2 leftover?

Thanks.

Thanks. That was my initial thought as well. I've only done Brewers Best kits before, and they have 1/2 ozs.

Also doing a liquid yeast for the first time. Should I be swirling or shaking the starter, or should it just sit there. I made it about 30 hours ago...

Over the 30 hours I would normally pick the starter up and swirl it around every 30 min (if I was available). If you didn't don't worry over it.

Just dump it in when you hit correct fermentation temps.

Latest posts

Back