Raising temperature of bottled or kegged beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

explosivebeer

Reaction score
I've noticed on a few batches that after I keg my beer (and one that I bottled) and put it in the fridge for a few days, if I pull it out and let it sit at room temperature (~70*f) for a day or two it really helps round it out, especially in the aroma and esters. The difference can be night and day. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this but I don't know what it is and was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Beer conditions more rapidly at room temperature. Also, the yeast cannot do their cleanup of fermentation intermediaries when chilled.

Beer conditions more rapidly at room temperature. Also, the yeast cannot do their cleanup of fermentation intermediaries when chilled.

Yeah I'm aware of those issues. To me though, it seems that the process of cooling it down to fridge temperatures then raising it back to room temperatures does really good things for the beer - much better than just leaving the beer at room temperatures constantly.

I vaguely remember reading something somewhere about it many months ago but have no idea how to relocate that source.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or further input I'd love to hear them.

Back