my ale pale is about to explode.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveWade

Reaction score
I put a rubber tube into the hole of the ale pale and am using it as a blow of tube while I'm at work. I was told awhile back when I did have an explosion that if the beer is fermenting that vigorously, it should be protecting itself from infection. Is that right? I'm hoping it should be ok til I get home in about 7 hrs. Any comments?

I put a rubber tube into the hole of the ale pale and am using it as a blow of tube while I'm at work. I was told awhile back when I did have an explosion that if the beer is fermenting that vigorously, it should be protecting itself from infection. Is that right? I'm hoping it should be ok til I get home in about 7 hrs. Any comments?

You get protection from the fact that the yeast are doing well (probably out-competing any bacteria) and the fact that material is going out of the fermenter, not in. Nonetheless, it's good practice to sanitize the blowoff tube before attaching. But if you forgot, probably no big deal.

Latest posts

Back