beer line length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
i've never taken this into consideration before, but how long should the like be from my keg to the tap. the entire line is in the fridge. i have an upright fridge, and the tap is right through the door, so the only thing that isnt chilled is the last inch of the tap and the faucet.

i just read on here that you might run into a lot of foaming if the line is too short. its about 4 or less feet right now. i have a big roll of hose. should i make a longer one? pros and cons to a 4 foot line?

Depends on what temp & PSI your kegs are at, and the distance (vertical) from the keg to the tap. On my setup, my kegs at 40F and 12-14psi I use 10' lines from the keg to the tap and it comes out perfectly. This allows me to keep my kegs at the right carbing pressure. There's a formula around here somewhere that'll simplify things.

That line is going to foam like a rabid dog. Start w/ 10 ft of 3/16" gas line and trim down as necessary.

its about a foot from the top of the keg to the tap. its a fridge. i'm not sure of the temp. i need to check

i might get one of these thermostat controls to raise the temp. i've noticed if other things are in the fridge like water or something, it starts to freeze it. anyone have one of these, does it work well. is it worth going with the digital one thats like $40 more

Back