time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, it's been over 24 hours. I'm going in for the steal.

This is a blend of 2 styles. I need to know both.

image-1652496022.jpg

No worries, never had a chance to post last night.

On second thought, I should have posted the picture of the 4 shattered bottles of Aprihop that ended up across my whole garage.

Triple and Saison blend.

Ok, a few of you are really close. Remember, it's a blend. Technically no one has correctly guessed either style. It's about 9%.

Edit: Eskimo actually got one of the styles.

From the Greenflash website:

An ‘out of the box’ modern ale crafted by converging two beer styles, Belgian Trippel and American Imperial IPA. Dry-Hopped and Bottle-Conditioned – it’s a zesty brew with enticing American hop and fruity Belgian yeast aromatics

It's an Imperial. Although, we all know Imperial is a matter of opinion!

:cross:

good job Randall

I know that beer anytime I see it. Had it a few times at the brewery too. Great beer!

I see I have a support group :ban:

Alright maxam, we'll settle this in the old way - my best warrior versus your best warrior.

Belgian ipa = ipa fermented with Belgian yeast. This was a blend of a trippel and an IIpa. Or at least that was my assumption from reading the bottle.

For what it's worth I even asked for the two styles. Belgian ipa is as much two styles as American ipa or English ipa are two styles.

So, i officially rebut your shenanigans.

Trippel = fermented by Belgian yeast, stronger

IPA = hoppy, usually stronger

Beglian IPA = hoppy, stronger brew fermented with Belgian yeast.

Hmmmm...... ;)

So is every Belgian ipa a trippel and iipa? Or just a hoppy Belgian pale ale? Or a hoppy dubbel?

That's it, I'm calling the BJCP.

Back