Where is your go to place to get your equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostington

Reaction score
Just wanted to find out what web sites you use to get your equipment. I have used Midwest they did an ok job. They had some trouble getting my order right. I will say one phone call and they were on the ball about getting it right. So let me know what you think of the sites you use good or bad.

i've used austin home brew supply, northern brewer, and more beer, all with outstanding results.

I tend to lean toward northern brewer, however because they support the BN and their commercials are awesome.

I've mostly used Northern brewer, I think they're great! I just used brewmasterswarehouse for an order I received today. I placed the order on Friday morning, by the afternoon they emailed me back saying one of the items was out of stock and would take a few days, so I said ok, no problem. They shipped it out by Tuesday, which was a lot sooner then expected for the item that was out of stock! Great customer service. They even offered to ship the item they did have in stock first and send the other one later if I wanted that option, but a hydrometer isn't really too useful without the test tube lol. I highly recommend those 2 places since I have experience with them, especially northern brewer

I just took a look at northern brewer. Nice web site but the first thing I saw was prices were higher than Midwest but it did look like northern had better deals on shipping.

I spread my orders around. Morebeer, Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer and Rebel Brewer. Haven't had a negative experience from any of them. If the price difference is marginal and speed isn't a huge factor (Rebel definitely gets stuff to me the fastest), I take a look and see which one I haven't ordered from most recently.

Northern brewer's prices are pretty close and sometimes lower than other sites, shipping is a good deal. I prefer them because they are closer to me, so I can get the stuff quick, especially yeast. Even with shipping, they're cheaper than my lhbs by far.
I guess most of these places are pretty good, just depends on who can get it to you quicker for a better shipping deal.

I've found some great bargains from MoreBeer several times. 3 gallon cornies, a SS False Bottom, etc. Free shipping if your not in a rush for the items and you spend over $59 ?
Williams brewing shipping is fast to my address, so I've used them several times as well - they get the orders out FAST. Northern Brewer was also good but shipping was slower due to distance from me.

Honestly I try hard to buy as much as possible from LHBS to support local business.

Mostly Brewmasters Warehouse. A little AHS, a little Northern Brewer, a little MoreBeer. I got some of my initial equipment from LearntoBrew because their prices were great. I typically shop around. If it's something small then I'll use RebelBrewer cuz their shipping rate depends on the items as opposed to being flat, but typically flat rate is better for me.

Every single place has had excellent service. More than one time (diff vendors) there was a minor issue with an order and they were fixed immediately with a quick phone call.

Northern Brewer all the way. They have great customer service and ship for 7.99.

Back