Lagunitas Tap Room - Buzz around town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BakerStreetBeers

Reaction score
Really this only merits the status of rumor, though the source I heard it from is credible. Apparently the Tap Room at Lagunitas has been shut down for a week due to a health violation. I heard it was an issue with the bathrooms, which, having used them myself, is not alltogether surprising. They weren't awful or anything, but they were amusingly what you would expect of a bathroom in a brewery.

I love the Tap Room and Beer Sanctuary. They've created a great space, almost like a nano-Stone. Perhaps they will work something out that will allow them to be open so that I can keep my plan of heading there Friday night, but next Friday works too. I did hear that they will be doing tours at 3 and 6, per usual (said tours end up in their original "tasting room").

The reason I bring this up is not really to air their dirty laundry but so I can ask a question that only beer geeks can answer.

What will their Sanitary Violation Shutdown Ale be like?

UPDATE: They were open for business as usual Friday night. Whatever the issue was (or was not) they worked it out. The beer was delicious and the bathrooms were still unkempt but usable.

Thank you. I'm here all week. Try the veal.

They will just serve Coors for a few days and pass it off as the head brew.
-Me

Long as they keep pumping out Hop Stoopid bombers, I don't give a "crap" about their handicapped toilets. :rockin:

That is odd, I mean there aren't any stairs or anything. But as far as the restrooms go there is nothing remotely dirty about them, that place is pretty clean. You need to spend some time down the road at the Black Cat (or the Russian River for that matter) if you think Lagunitas needs a cleaning... :D

P.S You been to the new `TAPS' that opened up this month in downtown Petaluma? Its over across from the Bank of America on Kentucky. Sports bar's aren't really my thing....but 30+ beers on tap are, so I'll give it a thumbs up.

P.S You been to the new `TAPS' that opened up this month in downtown Petaluma? Its over across from the Bank of America on Kentucky. Sports bar's aren't really my thing....but 30+ beers on tap are, so I'll give it a thumbs up.

I'm there WAY more than is good for anyone. The owners are total beer geeks. I've actually brought them a couple of bottles of homebrew.

They're supposed to be getting the SN/DFH collaboration beers in soon (Life and Limb and Limb and Life)

I stopped by Lagunitas today.

Wow...good beer, but they love the HOPS!

Loved the tour. Great stuff.

Real beer geeks.

Patrick

Back