Need a good flanders red recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon O

Knapsnatchio
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got my roselare(spelling?) blend in the fridge and I want to make a flanders red. I saw brewtopias gilda recipe in the database but I wanted to see if anyone has a flanders red recipe they think is great.

Recipe #60 in my sig

It's basically a scaled version of the Flanders Red out of Brewing Classic Styles.
A ProMash Recipe - #60 Rodenbach Clone

WLP001 in the primary, then pitch the bugs in secondary. I did my secondary in a plastic bucket fermenter for about 6 months. Tart but not overpowering, a little vinegar, and some leathery funk in there.

Recipe #60 in my sig

It's basically a scaled version of the Flanders Red out of Brewing Classic Styles.
A ProMash Recipe - #60 Rodenbach Clone

WLP001 in the primary, then pitch the bugs in secondary. I did my secondary in a plastic bucket fermenter for about 6 months. Tart but not overpowering, a little vinegar, and some leathery funk in there.

If you want the beer more like Rodenbach Gran Cru then the book says to just pitch the Roselare with the extra yeast. The Roselare blend includes an ale yeast. This is what I did with my Flander's Red. Its still in the carboy with an ugly pellicle so I can't tell you how it tastes.

Craig

Back