So would dooms day for brewer be prohibition?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletcher21

Reaction score
Just a random question for fun. If the answer is yes then you can call me a prepper..

Feel free to give you own thoughts on what dooms day for a brewer might be.

a chance to be kings (or queens)!!! Alcohol and those who can make it would be in short supply.

Providing we survive the commet!!!

When the world turns into the road warrior tomorrow,& they're chasin me to get the precious juice...the 5% juice...:rockin:

Considering what else can eat sugar, I just think it would make for a large shift in how we do things. Most brewers (I know) would adapt to what would be available. :D

its not the eating sugar part thats hard. I eat sugar. its the peeing alcohol that tricky. Are there other things that do this? I really have no idea.

its not the eating sugar part thats hard. I eat sugar. its the peeing alcohol that tricky. Are there other things that do this? I really have no idea.

Pretty sure brett does that. Don't think it's a kind of yeast, but I could be mistaken there. I don't make sour beers (no sir, don't like them)... :D

I have frozen yeast, so I could be the one all come to... :ban::rockin::tank::mug:

Well, except for those that have also frozen yeast. :D

...by the littlest things that God,in his infinite wisdom,saw fit to put apon this earth. (ending of The War of the Worlds,1953).:rockin:

If the barley is all consumed by fire, and the yeast is gone.......is life worth living anyway???

yeastsicles! brilliant, humanity is saved! :mug:

Yeah baby... I think I'm going to have to put some my Lalvin packs in the freezer too. :D Just need to be sure they'll be good at the -5F to -10F it's ranging these days. :rockin:
Hey,there's always mead & hefe's!...
Don't forget some good [grape] wines too. :D
If the barley is all consumed by fire, and the yeast is gone.......is life worth living anyway???

We're working on saving the yeast from annihilation so that life WILL be worth living. :ban:

Actually both my tanks are full of fermenting beer right now...so I could wash and propagate the yeast....only two varieties wlp001 & wlp840. I could share them with my fellow brewers. together we could rebuild!!

Actually both my tanks are full of fermenting beer right now...so I could wash and propagate the yeast....only two varieties wlp001 & wlp840. I could share them with my fellow brewers. together we could rebuild!!

I got some WLP099 going (and in the fridge) plus Wyeast 1335, 1968 and Eau de Vie in the fridge and 1882-PC in the freezer (not counting the Lalvin strains yet)... I think between us we have enough variety to recreate a good section of the yeast strains. :rockin:

My computer is having some stubborn moments. I remember in the past,someone claimed that the Myans said all man's mechanizations would turn against him today. They didn't have anything beyond crude contraptions back then,so how would they know that?
Cold,snowy,& windy. But an average day just the same. So it's just the begining of a new cycle for their calander.

mcspanner said:
Mine is. No sign of yeast stealing zombies yet either.

Ahh they did come and they stole my yeast.... Well they stole my beer that was created by the yeasts, sugars, water, etc. they left me a 6 pack of PBR dooms day has come.

Latest posts

Back