2014 National Homebrew Convention - Grabd Rapids, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpySquirrel

Reaction score
Just thought I would post, now that it will be in my home state (in 2 years). :)

Just very exciting for a great craft brew state. There are quite a few breweries in GR, not including many more not too far (like Bells, New Holland, etc.)

I can't wait for this, considering I can easily walk to the DeVos Hall. I think I might have to start a brew club just so we can participate in club night.

When I saw this earlier today, I was psyched. I'm on the east side, a bit north of Detroit, but would love to make it over for this. I would definitely check out Brewery Vivant while in that neighborhood. :rockin:

Unfortunately, I can't really recommend Brewery Vivant. They sell their beers at a premium, but I've had multiple bad encounters with cans being super oxidized or infected. On draft, they're not so bad, but "Belgian" in the sense that Fat Tire is. They're not that great, in my opinion. Perrin, on the other hand, is amazing.

Interesting. I've only had a few of their brews, and they've all been great. I think I had 2 on draft, and I've only bought 1 4-pack of cans (Escoffier).

Gr is only a couple hour drive!! Definitely going to have to get our brew club to do club night.

Cool! I'll be able to make it there!

<Looks at ticket prices>

Nevermind.

I recommend Brewery Vivant. Going home for Christmas, I hope to bring some family there, and they aren't even beer drinkers. I have liked their beers, but I still dream about their duck nachos. Get a beer, and try the food there. Also, Derby Station down the street is pretty cool, seems like it can be hit or miss according to yelpers

Back