how many tsp is .4oz sugar??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilv4xn

Reaction score
I kegged some beer this morning after filling my 5gal keg I had enough to fill a 2L bottle so rather then dump 2L of Dead Guy clone I put it in a bottle. looked in the chart and figured out that I need .4oz of table sugar to carb it. of course I don't have a scale that will read that sooo I need to know what spoon measure is .4oz? I know that every bag is a little diff but how could I sleep at night knowing I dumped an entire 2L bottle of yummy yummy homebrew down the drain.

I'll put this out there... I just used my scale and came to just a touch under 3 teaspoons.

Idk,3tsp equals 1TBSP. 4 tens of an ounce is about 3.4 of a tsp. 1 TBSP might do it for 2L though,thinking of how many 12oz bottles that equals.

As long as you are close, you'll be ok. I used Google which is where I got 3 tsp - used tsp vs tbsp because that is what provides a smaller increment rather than saying. 87 of a tbsp :) from there I used my scale for support. A whole tsbp should do it, not sure on the use of a 2L plastic bottle though. Regardless, good luck :)

2.732 tsp = .4oz
I found a really cool calculator. I figured I would ask here first thinking someone might just know how much sugar it takes to carb a 2L

1 ounce = 2 tablespoons
1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons
1 ounce = 6 teaspoons

.4 ounces = .4 X 6 = 2.4 teaspoons

Remember spoons are a measure of volume not weight.

bosco

BTW a tablespoonful full of granulated table sugar weighs about 12 grams... Little less than 1/2 ounce...

Back