What beer kits would you buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzfest05

Reaction score
Here in london Ontario we don't have kits like brewers best or ahs where all ingredients are put together.

I've made recipes of my own, used some from this site and did a few all grain.
My homebrew store would like to make their own kits but she would like some help. What beer styles would you want I'm going to give her five types of beer, remember that they should be something that will sell what would you buy .

We disgust it and ingredient kits would be
Extract, steeping grains, hops and yeast.

This will help our homebrew community in Ontario.

Cheers.

I would recommend a range of styles. Perhaps a pale, brown or amber, stout, belgian wit or german hefe and a lager, perhaps a pils. It might also be nice to add a rotating seasonal kit as well. Perhaps maibock for the spring, summer wheat ale for summer, pumpkin ale for the fall and a nice spiced holiday ale for winter for example.

BrewHouse makes awesome all grain kits. Far better then the extract kits in my opinion.
I think they're a Canadian company too.

I normally make all grain batches but, occasionally when I'm feeling lazy, I'll make a BrewHouse kit batch and use liquid yeast instead of the dry yeast package that comes with the kit.

Check out this link:
The brew house

If I was going to buy kits, I'd usually buy something that I knew as being similar to a favorite local beer. Then I'd expand out to "foreign", things I could not get locally. So in your location people might be wowed by some great West Coast IPA's. Beyond that I don't know your area at all. (cold)

atchinator said:
BrewHouse makes awesome all grain kits. Far better then the extract kits in my opinion.
I think they're a Canadian company too.

I normally make all grain batches but, occasionally when I'm feeling lazy, I'll make a BrewHouse kit batch and use liquid yeast instead of the dry yeast package that comes with the kit.

Check out this link:
The brew house

We already have brewhouse and festa brew here. I've made extract batches with steeping or mini mashes better than the kits.

Also we are talking about kits that let you brew, kits that help you get your process created which those add nothing kits don't quite give you.

Personally, I'd just take a pub crawl through your local neighborhood and see what kind of craft beers people are drinking. Have her foot the bill and write it off as "market research."

Yea, I would make all ale kits.

Going down to a basic half-dozen, I would say:

Pale Ale, IPA, Red ale, Brown Ale, Wheat Ale, Porter/Stout

I'd toss in a Belgian if they wanted another, or I also like the idea of a rotating seasonal.

I think the best kits would be those like the Brewer's Best kits. They have the most popular styles of beers in kits- I don't know all of them, but I've seen American wheat, American amber, English brown, cream ale, etc. You could find them on google and show them to her.

Feel free to critique , I think i will give suggestions to the following.

IPA
Amber/Red Ale
Belgian Wit
ESB

This should be good to start , she could throw in a porter or stout for a darker beer at number five or a rotating seasonal.

Latest posts

Back