sanyo kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommymac

Reaction score
Not sure if this one has been answered here. I bought 2 1/6th kegs from a local brewery, they are somewhat shorter and fatter than the usual kegs.so getting them in side by side isnt happening. I think if I cut those lips out from the sides it may work. Has anyone done this o rknows of an easier way to attack this?

Those kegs are approximately 9 1/4" in diameter while the pin locks I use are 9" in diameter. I have to fit the pin locks in staggered to get them to fit and that with the inner door panel removed. Eliminating the shelf lips from the sides may give you just enough room but I'm not sure.

Cut yourself two cardboard circles the diameter of the kegs for a test fit as others have done. Doing this will give you a better idea if they will fit or not.

the problem is these barrels flare out a bit in the middle. they have a smaller daimater atht etop and bottom and are wider in the middle. I may try putting some wood under one to maybe get the 2 of them in.

Back