Wanted: 3 Floyds/Surly Brews for Southern California Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nilswhite

Reaction score
Looking for Surly or 3 Floyds beers in trade for San Diego/ West Coast beers...

Have access to:

Stone
Green Flash
Pizza Port
Russian River
Lost Abbey
Rogue
Ballast Point
Lagunitas
Bear Republic
Alesmith

Ill trade some 3 Floyds for some RR wild ales and some Bruery goodies.

I have:

Dreadnaught IPA
Arctic Panzer Wolf
Black Beard
Rabbid Rabbit
Alpha King
One more buried in the cellar, I think....

Never had any... Bruery, probably Chocolate Rain.

RR, I'd definitely like Pliny, but as far.as wilds, I have no idea... Consecration, Saccrification, Temptation, etc.

Let me know what you can find

I live about an hour south of 3 floyds and can get basically anything from them (except dark lord) and apocalypse cow just came out, got one out of the back room a the local bottle shop yesterday, it was delicious

Go with the other guy first since he got there first, I don't want to steal his opportunity, come to me if he can't get you something

Well, not totally sure. I'd like to try a Pliny, as I can't get them out here...but if thats asking too much I understand. Maybe some Racer 5? Not really familier with any of those except Stone, Rogue and Lagunitas.

What Surlys are you looking for?

I could get Pliny, Racer 5, and other IPAs from the listed breweries. Have you tried Union Jack?

For Surly, I'd like to try: Furious, Wet and anything else really.

Never had Union Jack...looks impressive.

For Surly, I can get all of the year round series, Furious, Bender, CoffeeBender and Cynic. Some of the seasonals could be difficult, I can still get Hell, will be able to get SurlyFest, it should be releasing soon. Wet won't be released until October, but I should be able to get that. Abrasive won't hit shelves until around December I think. Darkness and Smoke however will be a tad difficult...most stores around limit customers to one bottle because they only get 3 or 4 in the whole store.

If you want to talk a little more value....I do happen to have an extra Surly Pentagram, or "5"...its their 5th year anniversary ale. Brett fermented...red wine barrel aged, cost me $27 a pop. Really cool bottle too.

So whatever you need, provided its released I should be able to track down. I'm lucky enough to live close enough to the brewery that most of the surrounding stores have a pretty big stock of Surly.

I've gone out of my way to get beer for a trade and its a pain in the a$$. So don't go out of your way for this trade. Just look whats available and let me know. I guess we can get a local beer list together and figure it out. Pliny's are off and on at the local store. They usually come in every Friday. I'll check this Friday and let you know.

Just checked the liquor store, can get furious, bender, bitter, cynic, surlyfest and hell. Also have a wide variety of summit beers too if those interest you.

Edit: sorry for the repeat, my puppy hit send on his quest for a treat...

I haven't seen it ever, maybe some of the more select places carry it but I've never seen it.

Back