Northern Brewer Cornys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armen_Tamzarian

Reaction score
Just got 2. The posts are really on there tight. Anyone else buy these from Northern Brewer and have this problem? Any advice if this is standard, seems I may need to go buy deeper sockets...

I had a keg recently that i swore I'd never get the liquid post off, after looking at it a little closer the rubber was part way up the bolt. I tried everything and almost bought a socket set. I trimmed the rubber with a razor and after riding the keg and tapping my auto wrench with a hammer it finally came loose. :rockin:

I've also saw a few threads where people stopped by a local auto shop and had them bust it loose with their air impact wrench. that was going to be my next step

If you do end up buying a socket, go to an auto parts store because depot wants $30 or $40 for a set with one. At least you can just buy the one you need

Try a propane torch and heat it up a bit. Should loosen 30 years of soda. If that doesn't work a wrench with a length of pipe on it to give you more leverage usually works.

get em wet with pbw or liquid line cleaner should help loosen them up if there gummed up with soda bits.

Follow up: Blow Torch + Riding the Keg + Hammer on Wrench Action = Dismantled Keg. Thanks everybody! It takes a village to brew a beer. haha

Back