Soda Siphon Seltzer Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdennis

Reaction score
So my brother gave me a Seltzer bottle that he thought I could use for homebrewing. The problem is I have no idea what to do with it. I've searched this site and cant find anyone that has used it for anything. Do you guys have any ideas? Is there a way to pressurize this thing with my co2 system?

http://www.fantes.com/images/8677seltzer.jpg

I have 5 of the old type soda collectors items plus one manufactured in the late 70's from Salvation Army $3.00.
Took the 70's one with a used Co2 cartridge then drilled and soldered a brass valve stem to the side of it. The cartridge cover has open slots on the sides allowing the stem to stick thru to recharge. I use a 20# Co2 bottle at the mountain bike park for flat tire repairs and fills so the regulator and tire inflator are already available. This was a joke project as it creates too much foam with bier unless it's a in your face as a joke thing.

I wonder if there is a way to attach a keg post to the bottle to pressurize it with a few psi.

From looking at your bottle I would solder a 1/8" brass close nipple to a spent cartridge in the end, add a hole in the cartridge retaining cap for the nipple to stick thru. Add a corney gas in fitting to this nipple then to your regulated C02 system. The problem I see is the 1/8" NPT vs your ball lock thread. There's a will there's a way.

Latest posts

Back