Looking for a Malt Extract recipe for a German Pils Like Holsten

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vorsicht709

Reaction score
Hey Im really new to homebrew, I just bottled my first brew. For my next beer I would like to do a german pilsner similar to Holsten Premium (one of my favorites)I have not yet done a full grain so im gonna have to use an extract can anyone help me out

Do you have the capability to lager? If so, I would used something like Wyeast 2308 or 2206, with maybe 2 ounces total of a German noble hop, 1 ounce for bittering and 1/2 ounce each for flavor/aroma. For the base, I would use some Weyermann extract if you can get it. If not, go with the lightest pale extract you can (2 cans). For added flavor, steep some Munich or Vienna (again, the lightest you can get), not exceeding a pound total, seeing as this is a light colored beer. Then ferment around 45 for a couple weeks, warm up for a 2-3 day diacetyl rest, then lager around 32 for as long as you can, but at least 2-3 weeks. If you can't lager, then use Wyeast 2112.

Back