Phoenix-Gilbert water for all-grain brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrConnor

Reaction score
Hello all greater Phoenician members. Has anyone had success brewing with our lousy tap water? I know there are various techniques to make the the water better for brewing various styles of beer, but I am wondering if anyone has had success using it. If so, is it worth it? Thanks!

T

Im no expert by any means but all the research Ive done tells me our hard water is just about right for brewing. I pulled a water report for east mesa and the calcium ? Is at 75. The report did not give pH but Im not at that level of concern. I think you can boil out any chlorine if thats your concern..

Thanks, you are right about some style of beers, particularly the darker the better for hard water. I was wondering if anybody has actually brewed with the our city water with good results. Conceptually, you could correct mostly any water condition to make beer. It is a matter of making good beer...and is it worth all of the corrections?

Back