EdWort is famous!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just looked at the next couple slides and now I see Orfy and Biermuncher in there too. Maybe I'm late to the game but congrats guys!

Congrats gentlemen, well deserved recognition. Thanks for all you have done for the hobby.

This is the article that got me started with brewing. Specifically with BM's centennial blonde.

Way to go guys! And thanks to everyone else for making this the best homebrew site out there!

Now I just need to make a killer brew and become famous too!

Good stuff..

But a question.. Page One.. the intro said in regards to adjusting gravity.. that you can add DME.. but you have to add it at the beginning of the boil..

Is that true? If so, that seems to conflict with the option of adding LME at or toward the end of the boil... ??

You can add sugar anytime before starting the chill-down process, but I'd say on balance it almost always makes more sense to add supplementary extract near the end so as not to muck around with hop utilization. And if you're adding hopped LME you probably don't want to boil off the more volatile characters of that, either...

Cheers!

Yup,hopped extract is def a flame out addition. I even add the balance of DME at the end or flame out. Def at flame out for my partial mash beers.

In my extract brews,I use half a 3lb bag of plain DME in the 2.5-3 gallon partial boil. The remaining DME & all the LME at flameout.

Back