Hi guys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1CockyCop

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello. I have been thinking about getting into homebrewing for sometime now, and have been reading through the site for a while.

I have never tasted anyone's homebrew, and I was wondering what is the biggest difference between a commercial beer, and one made at home?

What kind of beers do you like and purchase.? You can make brews with more variety, flavor and using fresh ingredients you will be more than surprised at what you can produce.

I don't buy a lot of any one type of beer when I purchase commercials. I prefer to mix and match and try different things. For example, recently I tried a Purple Haze. Never thought I'd enjoy a raspberry beer, but it wasn't bad!

As I started researching, I found out about homebrewing, and all the different things that could be made.

I have read Palmers book, as well as about 20 BYO's. I think I'm ready to put out some bucks for a kit...

What is easier? Bottling or kegging? I know bottling is a longer process, but is there a benefit as far as long term storage is concerned?

Bottling is much cheaper, and the results are smaller. (If you have a small house, the bottles are easier to store than kegs.) In my opinion, kegging is the way to go, and I'll be there some day.

steve

Back