Delaware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battle of the Brews is Delaware for sure, but War of the Worts is held each year by Keystone Hops. It is atleast local if not Delaware specific. War of the Worts is a large event.

Hi all. Got my first 5 gallon batch in the primary for two weeks. I really want to bottle, but decided to give it one more week. I think I joined FSB but I haven't been to a meeting yet. I plan on attending this month's at How Do You Brew. I'll probably pick up a carboy and some ingredients to brew more.

Cheers! :mug:

Newark homebrewer here. Been brewing about 4 +/- years...averaging about a batch a year, but plan to bump that up considerably soon.

I've been getting my supplies from How Do You Brew. Does anyone use another vendor that might be cheaper?

Greetings. :mug: I'm in Bear. I've gotten some recipe kits from Northern Brewer and Austin Homebrew Supply. AHS kits have free shipping. If you subscribe or create an account with online suppliers you can pick up some deals on kits and other things via email. I've also purchased individual supplies and a kit from How Do You Brew. I hope others chime in because I'm kind of brewing on a budget and would love to find other resources.

Newark homebrewer here. Been brewing about 4 +/- years...averaging about a batch a year, but plan to bump that up considerably soon.

I've been getting my supplies from How Do You Brew. Does anyone use another vendor that might be cheaper?

Annapolis homebrew is where I buy all of my stuff from. They are just over the bay bridge if you want to drive, but offer $7.95 flat rate shipping and if you order today you'll receive your package tomorrow. I can't speak highly enough of them.

Annapolis homebrew is where I buy all of my stuff from. They are just over the bay bridge if you want to drive, but offer $7.95 flat rate shipping and if you order today you'll receive your package tomorrow. I can't speak highly enough of them.

This may be a rare case where the shipping cost is cheaper then driving. Bay Bridge toll $6 plus gas to an from is over $7.95! Morebeer also opened a warehouse on the east coast and offer free shipping over 59 or something like that.

This may be a rare case where the shipping cost is cheaper then driving. Bay Bridge toll $6 plus gas to an from is over $7.95! Morebeer also opened a warehouse on the east coast and offer free shipping over 59 or something like that.

Haha, you are definitely right!! I only drive if there is something that I want right now and can't wait until tomorrow.

Anapolis Homebrew seems to be on the higher end of the price range. Sure, they're cheaper on shipping than the other guys, but way over on their ingredients. I guess one plus to their side is they certainly seem to have their fair share of pre-made kits to choose from. Its been a while since i've been to HDYB, but I think they're cheaper than AH.

Annapolis all the way. I don't do the shipping. It's easier just to go out there. Not too far for a trip every now and then and a good area.

Annapolis has very knowledgable people. Cheaper than anyone else local. A large stock of supplies. Very friendly too. So, just the opposite of Extreme Brewing here in lower DE. I wouldn't buy a air stopper from Extreme just so they wouldn't get my money.

OK you Northerners, I'm brewing as far south in Delaware as you can go, Delmar.
I'm just a misplaced cowboy from Colorado

I hear you. I'm mid-state, Clayton, I have no brew buddies down here. At least you have 3rd Wave Brewing to visit. My wife and I went there last summer and really enjoyed what they have to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I hear you. I'm mid-state, Clayton, I have no brew buddies down here. At least you have 3rd Wave Brewing to visit. My wife and I went there last summer and really enjoyed what they have to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm actually 3 houses down from 3rd Wave. It's a whole 1 minute walk for me LOL. They have very good brews.

Dover, DE. How about we get some more interaction!? What if we the DE and Possibly MD, PA, and NJ guys trying to get a tasting set up? I am brand spanking new to the world and would love to see and possibly taste an array of different ideas from the brew master from around the area. And yes depending on when the tasting (if it happens) I will bring my two (current) brews! Also, I own a Jeep so anyone who has a Jeep, BRING IT! :mug:

Claymont area anyone? Was hoping for insight on any LHBSs, CO2 refills, and any clubs and or events within easy driving.

I'm in West Wilmington, so these places are just a bit farther away from you. The best stocked LHBS is How Do You Brew in Newark 203 Louviers Dr, Newark, DE.

For the C02- try G+E Welding Supply in New Castle 281 Airport Rd, New Castle, DE 19720- 12.50 per 5 lb tank as of a month ago.

Check out First State Brewers- there the biggest club around!

hope that helps!

I brew and live in Newark DE. usually do most of my shopping at HowDoYouBrew. When I live in Maryland I would travel like an hour to get to Maryland Homebrew Warehouse.

Back