B 315 kettle and 90 degree elbow diptube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone here as a B 315 kettle from MoreBeer that has tried to use a 90° stainless steel street elbow as a diptube?

I am goingto be placing a decent sized order from bargain fittings, and I'd liketo know if this might work on my kettle.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

I am not sure about that particular kettle but you can never have too many of those SS elbows.

By the way thaks for all of your replies...oh my bad, only one person replied. ;)

Regardless, I ordered an extra 90° elbow, and I fitted it to my kettle. It leaves about a 1/4" space between the bottom of the kettle and the fitting. which is IMO good enough.

So if anyone has a morebeer kettle and is interested in an inexpensive diptupe fortheir B series kettle, now you know.

If you want to get more wort out just stick on a 1/2 inch male barb and angle it down. I do this and it works very well. Whirlpool at the end of chilling and you can get most of the hops to settle in the middle.

Back