UCD Masters Brews Program or Professional Brewers Certificate Program

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddrayne10

Reaction score
Hi I just had a question about the two different programs at UCD Masters Brews Program and Professional Brewers Certificate. First the two seem very similar to me but i see that the Master Brewers Program prepares you for the IBD. Is there any real difference in these programs to attempt to get a job in the US or both recognized as quality programs? Has anyone done either of these programs? Any comments like or dislike?

the Master Brewers Program includes and expands on the Pro Brewers program. I would highly recommend the class if you're in the industry and your company wants to pay your way; I would highly discourage any homebrewers without commercial experience or aspirations from taking the class just for fun as it's more expensive and technical than any homebrewer would ever need. Spend a fraction of the tuition on books and equipment and you're set.

- Class of '03

Back