help me round out some hop choices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donner

Reaction score
So, i just checked the hop prices and they are almost too good to pass up. I was hoping you all could offer some suggestions.

I brew and enjoy mostly english beers, EIPA, ESB, Red Ale, Stouts, etc. Last year i purchased 1 lb of EKG and 1 lb of galena thinking i'd use it as a bittering hop. Well, haven't really used the Galena that much (should probably sell it).

In the past year i've made a couple stouts, some bitters, irish red, english IPA, and am a fan of BM centennial blonde.

I was thinking of getting some fuggles to go along with my EKG that i still have and then maybe some centennial, but i don't know if buying a pound of it would get used enough as the centennial blonde is the only beer i've brewed with it so far.

Any suggestions other than fuggles? Something that would be good for english beers, but not limited to one style?

I love me some Fuggles. So I would say certainly go with that.

I am personally a huge fan of the C hops, but if you're brewing mostly British ales, they wouldn't make much sense.

Maybe some Northern Brewer? They're a real solid English choice.

Back