How many gallons of Brandon O's Graff have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first batch of this cider is fermenting along nicely.

255 + 5 = 260

I just whipped up my first batch. Brand new to all the beer stuff. Used flaked wheat as they didn't have torrified. Hope that's ok. I put about a cup of it in. They only sold by the pound. couple pounds of pilsen light dme. Sure have HIGH HOPES for this. It only stands to reason I should be able to make something that actually tastes good with all these great apples.

294 + 5 = 299

gus

Add 5 more gallons to the tally,
This was my second brew, been in the closet almost a week now, smells wonderful. :)
Followed the original recipe, had a real slow start with the Notty.

Fred

299+5 = 304

Finally whipped up my all-extract version I've been planning--hope that counts. My first 5-gallon batch too.

317+5=322

5 in the carboy, today marks 17 days fermenting. Used Safale US-05, small amount of Fuggles, ended up switching out the ferm lock to a small blowoff hose through a bung. It went through two stages, busy for the first three days, came down for a couple days, then kicked back off for another two days. Now I'm getting a single bubble every 45 seconds. Will try to hold off on bottling for at least another week... {sigh}

332 + 5 = 337

My first five of Graff

347+5= 352

Brewed it last night. Bubbling away happily now. Looked and smelled great going into the carboy. Looking forward to it!

God Damn, this **** is taken off!!!!!!

Such a refreshing drinkable cider. It's what I give to friends who are hesitant about homebrew drinks. Crowd pleaser every time.

God Damn, this **** is taken off!!!!!!
And well it should, it's a great recipe. I sampled mine last night (almost four weeks in the primary now, and strained before it hit the carboy). Wifey actually took a sip, then took another. You're right, the wimens love it! I've got champagne bubbles up the side of the glass, so it won't take long to carb in the bottles, I feel.

I do see what you've said about the tartness. I used Fuggles, about a half ounce, but I think it may have been a better idea to use a more citrus-heavy hops like Amarillo or Cascade. Next time (meaning soon).

I'd put this on the table next to a Magner's any time, though! :mug:

Now I've got to start working on a label...

I just pressed 7 gallons of cider today. Will be kicking off a batch of Graff tomorrow.

382.5 + another 5 gallons = 387.5

Back