Thank you Spring Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velcrow44

Reaction score
Wow. What a difference 70 degree days make. I had to turn down the gas on my cheapo turkey fryer. Never thought that thing would get too much boil.

Happy brewing!!

If I was brewing today, the kettle would be filling up as fast as it boiled.

Slight exaggeration, we've only had 5.8 inches in the last 8 days.

I had to turn down the gas on my cheapo turkey fryer.!

Hahaha! Same here! It's a heck of a difference from using it at 20F! Because the boil was so rapid compared to over the winter, my boiloff went up by about 3 quarts. Made the Cream Ale a little extra alcoholic.

:drunk:

I can't wait to do my first outside brew. Come to think of it, I'll bet my wife can't either.

Ah yes, nice to get back to brewing. The ice rink created by the IC was a bit much and clean up was downright cold. :mug:

True, it's nice to brew without freezing to death, but I'll miss the FAST wort chill I could get with my IC all winter!

It's been a long winter here also; I'm pretty excited to see it warming up as it's good to get the kids back outside doing things instead of being cooped up indoors.

It's been a long winter here also; I'm pretty excited to see it warming up as it's good to get the kids back outside doing things instead of being cooped up indoors.

+1000

The inside of the house is so much cleaner now, but it takes me 15 minutes to get the kids to clean up toys from the yard at dinnertime...

I'm looking forward to my first outdoor springtime brew at the new house. I'll be cleaning and organizing the garage during the mash and playing pool during the boil. Might even light up my first cigar since fall....

Back