Want to make some sour beer? Join my wine-barrel project in the Portland area.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that it's getting close to the end of June what day do we want to meet? I was thinking Sunday the 29th but I'm cool with whatever you guys want.

I got an unexpected visit from the inlaws followed by an unexpected visit by my parents. Both worlds colliding this entire week through the 1st of July. Must wait till after that.

13th is good for me!

And good solace after falling off my bike real hard in front of the rose garden yesterday got a hematoma of the scrotum and 7 stitches in my shin, looking forward to my thursday brewvana tour.

This will be a good time for us to figure out what the hell we're going to do with this stuff. I have a daughter swim lesson at noon on Sunday, should be back for anytime after 1pm.

Is anyone coming from Portland that could pick me up in SW next to PSU? I am carless and got a bum leg from the bike accident. Otherwise, would you mind pming me your address Vegan? Thanks!

I could be back as early as 1245 to help out those who work. We can be brief. Someone needs to bring a thief and star San. Also, I have 5 gallons of Flanders red, one year old and a saison Brett clone available if anyone wants to bring a corny over and take them. They're ready to bottle.

Wow, I'd really love that red, you're very generous! I'll bring all of the above. If someone else wants a piece of it I'm totally happy only taking just a share.

ElectricAlpha, I'm sorry but I don't live anywhere in that direction. I hope you find a ride!

Hey guys, sorry, was zombied out.

It had an extremely bretty nose but was very mild in taste, not very sour at all. I think I might blend my share with a sour mash to add some tartness.

So whats the plan moving forward? Would it benefit from more time in the barrel or should we figure out a time to split it up?

Ok guys, we all knew this time would come, but I'm moving, and I won't be taking the barrel with me. House is going up for sale tomorrow, so we've got a little bit of time, but not a ton. What should we do? I won't be taking any of it with me, so it's a free for all. If anyone wants the barrel, it's yours.

Yikes! How does it taste? Did the barrel absorb some of the off flavor? If so, we should divvy up the batch... If not... we should divvy up the batch?

We should probably figure out a date to meet up and split the batch. Sunday's are best for me if that works for everyone else. Also, I may be able to take the barrel if it fits in my car and no one else wants it.

I'm out of town the 26th through the 30th this month but can make most other days work. I'm also interested in the barrel and can get a truck to haul it. How many gallons per person are we looking at now?

Don't forget I've abandoned my 10-12 gallons due to moving to Texas... sorry I missed out on the tastings and well, the beer!

It looks like there are five of us still in on this project, should we just split it five ways and take ~12 gallons each?

Haha. 12 gallons each sounds good. I will be leaving 28th, 29th, 30th, then will be at home every day afterwards till I move, so you guys figure a day out that works for you, figure out who will take the barrel, and then send me a PM if I don't respond to you posts. I'll try to check in again soon.

Back