Skeeter Pee ABV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
M planning my first batch of skeeter pee, but I'm wanting to drop the alcohol a bit. I'm thinking about keeping it closer to 6% and putting it in a keg. Will i need to change the amount of juice or tannin to keep the profile correct, or will I be ok just cutting back on sugar?

Also, from pitch to glass, roughly how long does this take? I'm trying to plan my carboy s schedule (maybe I should just buy more :) )

M planning my first batch of skeeter pee, but I'm wanting to drop the alcohol a bit. I'm thinking about keeping it closer to 6% and putting it in a keg. Will i need to change the amount of juice or tannin to keep the profile correct, or will I be ok just cutting back on sugar?

alcohol only adds to the bight so leaving everything else the same and reducing the original sugar gives you a brighter, better taste IMHO No need to change anything else.

Also, from pitch to glass, roughly how long does this take? I'm trying to plan my carboy s schedule (maybe I should just buy more :) )

less sugar will be faster but it is to hard to say exactly when because of the temp you ferment at and or the yeast you use.

Back