Small regulators for portable kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psych

Reaction score
I've tried to find threads for this, ultimately left unsatisfied though. Want to build a portable kegging setup, small kegs, small co2 tank, cooler, yadda yadda. Need a small regulator though, don't want to use a normal sized one.

Is this crazy? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Aquarium-Fis...222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cef1141e

It's capable of 1500psi which is lower than my other regulators, but I wouldn't expect the tank to go higher than this unless the tank temperature was like 150F or something. In which case I have bigger problems. Like the sun just exploded.

I know parts quality from overseas ebay sellers like this can be shoddy, but does it look possible? It's nice and small and slick looking, and for $40 or so that's not too bad.

I have a co2 tank to cga320 (or whatever normal threading on regulators are) adapter already.

That's a good point, lack of precision. Though I guess you could knock it down to, say, 100psi and then use a hardware store air regulator that has a max of 150-200psi and refine it using that.

But that would probably exceed the size and cost of a normal co2 regulator.

Wonder what length of line I'd need if I carbed at 100psi....

I've tried to find threads for this, ultimately left unsatisfied though. Want to build a portable kegging setup, small kegs, small co2 tank, cooler, yadda yadda. Need a small regulator though, don't want to use a normal sized one.

Is this crazy? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Aquarium-Fis...222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cef1141e

It's capable of 1500psi which is lower than my other regulators, but I wouldn't expect the tank to go higher than this unless the tank temperature was like 150F or something. In which case I have bigger problems. Like the sun just exploded.

I know parts quality from overseas ebay sellers like this can be shoddy, but does it look possible? It's nice and small and slick looking, and for $40 or so that's not too bad.

I have a co2 tank to cga320 (or whatever normal threading on regulators are) adapter already.

Did you ever find a good working set up??? i want to have a small portable one too for my corny keg, i seen some online for $100 + but looking for a cheaper one

Did you ever find a good working set up??? i want to have a small portable one too for my corny keg, i seen some online for $100 + but looking for a cheaper one

I didn't, no. I wound up going with a paintball to cga320 or whatever adapter thingy and then a normal regulator but one with no high-side gauge so with the regulator on top of my small 9oz co2 tank it only sticks up like 3 or 4 inches or so.

Fits fine in my cooler and does the job, but cost me $50 via ebay and wound up having a broken check valve that I had to remove...shoulda just bought a basic regulator from a home brew shop somewhere ;)

Back