cleaning the small tubes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerboyas157

Reaction score
How do you clean the small tubes such as the one for the siphon and bottling. I have soaked them but there is still some gunk stuck on the inside and its to long and narrow for anything to get in there

tomsd said:
when i rinse i jam them against the faucet so they get some water pressure going through them too. If a soak/rinse won't get them clean it is time for new tubes.

+1

They also make thin long brushed for keg beer out tubes. I use one to clean my site gauges, would probably work for tubing.

Your bottling wand probably will come apart - mine does. Just pull the tip off. I soak all my small parts in a bucket filled with OxiClean solution - for racking canes and AutoSiphons I soak half for a while, then invert to soak the other half. Then a thorough rinse under hot water, and for parts that I can't reach inside to wipe dry like bottling wands, racking canes, and AutoSiphons I follow the hot water rinse with a distilled water rinse (doesn't require much distilled water) so they dry with no water spots or mineral deposits inside.

Back