March Pump Switch Box - DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berrywise

Reaction score
topgun.jpg
Maverick: Too close for missles, I'm switching to guns.

I did a fair amount of searching through other people's rigs looking at what they did for a switch box to control their pump. Here is the approach I went with. Thought it might help for those looking to create something in the future.
switch_box03.jpg

Hammond Manufactur​ing 14360 11.75 x 8.5 x 3 NEMA junction box with screw cover (purchased on eBay)

switch_box02.jpg

Toggle Switch w/Waterpro​of Boot and Safety Cover (purchased on eBay)

switch_box01.jpg

Leviton 4937 Weatherproof Inlet on Flush Mount Wallplate with Aluminum Cover, Straight Blade Receptacle (purchased on Amazon)

Note: I currently receive power from a GFCI outlet that is in my garage. I don't bring my brew rig elsewhere so not having that type of outlet installed in my switch box doesn't bother me. If you do build something similar and plan to bring it somewhere I would pick up one of the portable inline powercord type GFCI outles if nothing else to save you from possible harm.

I like your male outlet, similar to the one I used in my build :D

I used it in my portable pump box simply because I didn't want to have to hard wire the cord into the box.

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

They make ones that have up to 4 different inputs and on/off switches. I would have gotten one of those, but the only other thing I would need to control is my submersible pump...but that isn't getting turned on and off several times throughout the day.

Latest posts

Back