Trinity brew pub wheat saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
I went there last night with some friends.The waitress explained what there different beers were because a couple of my BMC drinking friends asked for a "Light" beer.So she suggested the kolsch or the saison.She then said the saison is a white beer like a blue moon.WTF I thought to myself(I try not to preach my beer snobbery).I ended up getting the taster glasses.It was a wheat beer with saison yeast.It wasn't bad just kind of strange.I realize that it's a very broad style of beer,but I'd never heard of one like that.Has anyone ever heard of/tried a wheat saison?

If you are from Taunton, MA and talking about Trinity Brew Pub in Providence every beer they have tastes like a Belgian. :p

i just made a lawnmower saison from midwest yesterday that used 3.3 lb wheat and 3.3 lb light malt; it came with belgain wheat yeast..maybe 5942?.

seemed a bit odd to me, but that's what's in the kit so....

That is odd.The saioson flavor comes mostly from the yeast.Like I said it wasn't bad.Just different.

I am.Weird isn't it?

The weirdest thing is that they have been serving infected beer through dirty draft lines for years and still do a big business. I don't know if this says more about their location or clientele. :( Just another of life's little mysteries. :mug:

I thought you were talking about Trinity Brewpub in Colorado Springs. Now that place rocks, and brews lots of Saisons. Of course, their main draw is their 27 guest taps of amazing beers, from Bear Republic's Racer 5to La Folie and Erics Ale from New Belgium. Mmmmmmmm.

Latest posts

Back