First time kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

higgs

Reaction score
hey guys, kegged for my first time the other day and have the c02 tank in the fridge with all lines opened to my keg.

The regulator originally read that i had 1000psi in the freshly filled tank and now its reading at about 600 psi after one day. Is this because of the drop in temperature? I checked for leaks and there isnt one. Should I not keep the lines connected to it / have the c02 in the fridge with the keg?

My beer has been a little under carbonated but its on its way-- I have been agitating the keg and its been getting a lot better-- But have been worried because of the reading on my regulator of the c02 tank, any help is much appreciated

Make sure you spray soapy water around everything to check for leaks.

Your problem is cold CO2 will read less, if your worried take it out and let it warm back up, it will read the proper pressure

Make sure you spray soapy water around everything to check for leaks.

Your problem is cold CO2 will read less, if your worried take it out and let it warm back up, it will read the proper pressure

Okay I will try that-- i figured the cold would read less but 400 psi felt awfully strange, thank you for the tip

My regulator always reads somewhere between 400 and 500 PSI when it's in the fridge. It's probably the drop in temperature. Since CO2 is liquid in the tank, the pressure won't change due to the bottle being emptier until it is really empty.

Latest posts

Back