Fermentation after 2 hours.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newkarian

Reaction score
Just finished putting my first batch in the primary a couple hours. Went to check on it just now and holy crap its already fermenting. Theres a bubble in the air lock every couple seconds and a nice head of krausen developing. All I pitched was a smack pack of Wyeast Belgian Abbey II that I left out at room temp over night.:rockin:

Eager beaver yeast !

Best I have ever seen is abt 4 hours, and that was after pitching onto a yeast cake

I pitched a 1.096 beer onto a yeast cake and had Krausen out the blow-off in 2 hours!!! I had bubbles in the blow-off bucket in 45 minutes, and krausen starting in 1 hour. Needless to say, the yeast cake was very fresh (brewed the weekend before, transfered to 2ndary as I brewed the big batch) But I was still suprized since I chilled it down to about 63 degrees, and my only aeration method is splashing.

-Paul

Back