Brisk Heat Heating tape

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I put the link up, but here ya go:

Maximum exposure temperature: 450oF (232oC)
Silicone rubber extruded outer sheath
Fiberglass knitted and braided construction
Power density: 6.0 watts/in² (0.009 watts/mm²)
Suitable for electrically conductive surfaces
120 or 240VAC
6 feet (2m) long power cord with
120VAC: standard 2-prong plug (NEMA 1-15)

I realize that, but on that page, it has a drop down with all sorts of lengths, widths, watts, and voltages. I was simply curious which ones you were selling.

HeatTape.jpg

Hey Sheldon,
It has a variable controller but it is in percentage and not degrees, The max temp is 450 so you can set it at 25% and it should be around 112 degrees, 50% 250 degrees and so on.
John

I'm not trying to knock what he's got: I think it's a great deal at that price, and should work for maintaining heat.

But it should be pointed out that it's probably not really a straight percentage of the max heat output. It's a time based percentage setting, so you're adjusting the time intervals that it is on vs off. I haven't used this particular one, so it might be such a high frequency interval switch that it does maintain a consistent predictable temp, but it might also require a fair amount of tweaking based on exterior temp, volumes etc to keep your liquid/mash/whatever at the temp you want.

But if you're periodically monitoring the temp anyway it wouldn't be a big deal. Looks like cool stuff.

Back