2009 Longshot.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey

Reaction score
It appears I received my 2009 Longshot stuff in the mail today, the SWMBO just shot me an e-mail saying I received a large padded envelope from the Boston Beer Company "Longshot 2009". I'll update once I get home.

Ya know... I've been trying to find the longshot beers since they started selling them commercially. I haven't had any luck.

So does this mean you are entering? I might decide to do this at some point, just for fun.

I've had a couple of them, but they are usually kind of expensive, and I usually only like one of the two beers in the pack.

Sorry forgot I posted this....

I received my results for this year’s competition, I think registration was in April.

The envelope contained the results sheets for my Chokolat Porter and my Dirty Blonde, (they scored 35 and 38 respectively), and a pretty nice Samuel Adams hat with "LongShot 2009" embroidered on the back and "2009 Homebrewer" on the left side.

I'll take a picture of it when I get home and post it here.

Yeah, I got mine back this weekend as well. I entered an American Stout and got a 36 on it. Mostly, the only negatives was that it lacked complexity. Hat is nice, but I don't wear hats so...

I entered two beers (shipped them together at same time) and only got results for one of my beers. Anyone else experience this? I am hoping another packet comes in the mail with the score sheets from my honey brown. We ended up with a 34 on our chocolate coffee oatmeal stout - that's not bad considering it was the first recipe we created and only the 3rd brew we ever made. Looking back at the recipe now, I'm not sure how it made beer! The recipe is FUBAR lol

People are getting their results finally? Awesome! I hope my sheets come in soon, I took best in class in IPA in western region, I can't wait to read my scores for that IPA and the others I entered.

I entered two beers (shipped them together at same time) and only got results for one of my beers. Anyone else experience this? I am hoping another packet comes in the mail with the score sheets from my honey brown.
This exact same thing happened to me. Don't count on it coming. I noticed online that they never received my other beer and immediately emailed and even eventually talked to them on the phone... they never found it.

This exact same thing happened to me. Don't count on it coming. I noticed online that they never received my other beer and immediately emailed and even eventually talked to them on the phone... they never found it.

Both my beers registered online, and showed that they had arrived safe and sound. Now maybe something happened to the bottles AFTER they arrived, but I am still hoping I get feedback. :(

I got my stuff in today. I noticed some of my judging sheets were by non-BJCP people, but there were always other BJCP people on that flight. No placing marks on any of my cover sheets, even for the one that won the IPA category.
I got a hat and on the side is says "2009 Category Winner" and a certificate saying "Category Winner: IPA" and the date etc.
Most of the judging sheets were pretty good, my 19C was judged by a Grand Master I who was also a Professional Brewer and he left a tome of feedback, basically mirroring my reservations with that beer. My IPA judges didn't leave any comments offering improvement suggestions which kind of miffed me.
The biggest surprise on the judging sheets was my 18c scored a 42, I'm going to have to crack open a bottle of it now!

I got my stuff in the mail on Friday.. I submitted an IPA that came in at a 29. It was only my 3rd batch ever, and 2nd AG, and I didn't come in last place in my flight so that was good. I do dig the hat though, as already stated, that was definitely worth the $0 entry fee. I did get some good comments, but the handwriting on one of them is so incredibly illegible that I can't decipher anything that he wrote.

I got mine over the weekend. I entered an APA that I thought was so-so but wanted some opinions from people who I don't know. Scored a 37, which was better than I expected. Two score sheets, 36, 38. Very good feedback too. $0 entry fee is well worth it for valuable feedback and a free hat IMO. Hell, I'd even pay a dollar or two for it.

Back